This 10/25/10 fire appears to have started due to improperly discarded matches.
Fire Chief Todd Scaldo, Corporation President Jill Carrick and all the Men and Women of the Indian Harbour Beach Volunteer Fire Department thank everyone who attended our 2010 open house. We are pretty confident that we broke our previous attendance records. We served 400 hot dogs this year! Here are pictures from this years event. If you missed us this year please stop by next year. We thank you for your continued support.
This fire on 10/20/10 was caused by a palm frond falling on a power line. The palm frond caused the palm tree to catch fire and then fall to the ground igniting heavy pine straw debris on the ground. The fire burned up into the trees to about 20 feet.
Mrs. McDaniel Kindergarten Class from Ocean Breeze Elementary Visits the Fire House during Fire Prevention Week 2010.
Mrs. Haymond’s Kindergarten Class from Ocean Breeze Elementary visits the Fire House for Fire Prevention Week 2010.
Mrs. Hannan’s Kindergarten class from Elementary visits the Fire House during Fire Prevention Week 2010.
Mrs Waganaar’s TK Class from Ocean Breeze Elementary School visits the fire station for Fire Prevention Week 2010.